The UK Startup Conference 2022 was the UK’s largest-ever online conference exclusively for Startups, gathering thousands of founders, VCs, executives, seed fund partners, general partners, journalists, and bloggers from diverse backgrounds and industries. It was followed by a very successful in-person event called The London Startup Meetup 2022 a few weeks later.
5.00pm-5.05pm: Webinar Opening
Topic: Setting out the event agenda, and giving an overview of the UK Startup & VC Scene
5.05pm-5.20pm: “Startup Leaders” Panel Discussion
Topic: What the UK Startup Ecosystem is doing well, and what it can improve.
- Adam Patrick Fulham, Founder of Startup Network Europe
- Stephen Kelly, Chairperson of Tech Nation
- Neeta Patel CBE, CEO of The Centre for Entrepreneurs
- Jenny Tooth OBE, CEO of The UK Business Angels Association
5.20pm-5.35pm: “Silicon Roundabout” Panel Discussion with Startup Founders in the UK
Topic: Challenges Startups had in 2021/22 and how they overcame them
- Valeria Vahorovska, Co-Founder & Chairman of the Board at Fondy.eu
- Rajeeb Dey MBE, Founder & CEO of Learnerbly
- Alpesh Doshi, Founder & CEO of Fintricity and Kendra Labs
- Fungai Ndemera, Founder & CEO of CheckUp Health
- Gabriele Musella, Co-Founder & CEO of Coinrule
5.35pm-5.45pm: “Silicon Roundabout” Panel Discussion with Angel Investors & VCs in the UK
Topic: Startup Trends for 2022; key elements VCs look for in Startups
- Evie Mulberry, Managing Partner of Astia Fund
- Ziv Reichert, Partner at LocalGlobe
- Ersilia Molnar, Angel Investor
- Ash Rust, Managing Partner at Sterling Road
- Jonno Southam, Venture Capital Business Development Manager at Google
5.45pm-5.55pm: Startup Stories
Topic: We chat with a Startup Founder, about their fundraising journey.
5.55pm-6.15pm: Fireside Chats
Topic: We speak with various Scaleups on topics crucial to Startups.
- John Cutler, Product Evangelist at Amplitude (Topic: Digital Optimization)
- Samantha Richardson, Principal Visioneering Consultant at Twilio Startups (Topic: Customer Engagement)
- Ruth Thomas, Head of People and Organisational Development at Personio (Topic: HR & Recruitment)
6.15pm-6.30pm: “Silicon Valley” Panel Discussion with UK Startup Founders in the United States
Topic: International Expansion
- Alastair Paterson, CEO & Founder of Digital Shadows
- Simon Kelton, Founder of Pepper, Inspirational Entertainment, Inspirational Adventures and ASK4 Events; Professional Screenwriter; Travel Journalist; Investor
- Ross Breckenridge, Chief Executive Officer of ARJUNA Therapeutics
- John Furneaux, CEO of Hive
6.30pm-6.50pm: “The Five Myths of Raising Capital” Panel Discussion
- Maya Moufarek, Sifted 100 Female Angel Investors
- Barbara Cichello McAlpine, CEO & Co-Founder of HAUS of VENTURES
- Anita Moorthy, CMO of The Factual; Founder & Host of The European Startup Show
- Claire Macmillan, Founder of Claire Macmillan Pitch Coach
6.50pm-7.00pm: “In Touch, from Manchester to Chicago” Fireside Chat
- Personio is an HR Software for Startups and SMEs, which helps improve operational excellence to pave the way for strategic work to shine. That means accelerating daily work, reducing administrative chaos, and ensuring that every core HR process works like a dream.
- Amplitude is the Digital Optimization System
- With their trademark behavioral graph innovation, they sort through millions of seemingly random actions, to:
- Instantly find patterns of Customer Behaviour. Every click and interaction is input from your customers telling you what they need and why they need it.
- Predict outcomes and adapt experiences, to increase Customer Engagement, Growth, and Loyalty.
- Powered by Amplitude, we are hosting The European Digital Optimization Conference 2022.
- A cloud communications platform, used by millions of Startups, to engage with billions of customers around the world.
- Software developers can use Twilio to make and receive phone calls, send and receive text messages, and perform other communication functions using its web service APIs. Twilio has established the Twilio Startups Programme, to provide product credits, education, and resources for Startups across Belgium and elsewhere.
- Attendees of this event can apply for the Twilio Startups Programmes at this link. Successful applicants will receive the means to launch their global customer engagement strategy with Twilio’s API-powered platform.
- Startups Magazine is a bi-monthly print and digital publication created to champion technology startups with all aspects of their entrepreneurial journeys – helping them connect the dots from funding to founder wellbeing.
- They launched in April 2018, and since then have built a loyal and talented following ranging from tech startups, engineers, investors, growth hackers, accelerators, marketing whizzes, aspiring innovators, and many more.