This Press Release was last updated on December 4th, at 12 am GMT.
On December 7th, the first-ever European Startup Conference will be hosted live from Ukraine. This non-profit online event has three main objectives:
- Gather thousands of European Startup Founders and International Investors.
- Connect hundreds of Ukrainian Startups, with Venture Capitalists and Angel Investors, to help the Ukrainian tech ecosystem in growth and development during these hard times.
- The conference will also fundraise money for UNICEF, which is helping people on the ground in Ukraine.
The Conference will feature Ukrainian and international speakers, including:
- Steve Wozniak, Co-Founder of Apple
- European Startup Leaders
- Lucien Burm, Chair of Dutch Startup Association
- Roberta Rudokienė, Head of Startup Lithuania
- Martina Fitzgerald, Chair of Scale Ireland
- Tomek Snażyk, CEO of Startup Poland
- Olga Barreto Goncalves, CEO of startin.lv – The Latvian Startup Association
- Hannah Wundsam, Managing Director of AustrianStartups
- Cristina Angelillo, President of InnovUp
- Ukrainian Startup Leaders
- Alex Bornyakov, The Deputy Minister of Digital Transformation of Ukraine
- Nataly Veremeeva, Director at TechUkraine
- Pavlo Kartashov, CEO of Ukrainian Startup Fund
- Dmytro Kuzmenko, CEO of The Ukrainian Venture Capital and Private Equity Association (UVCA)
- Daniel Tonkopi, Founder & CEO of Delfast Bikes
- Yaroslav Azhnyuk, Co-Founder & President of Petcube
- Dmytro Dvurechenskyi, Founder & CEO of OpenGeeksLab
- Investors and Journalists
- Ihar Mahaniok, Managing Partner at Geek Ventures
- Valery Krasovsky, General Partner at SID Venture Partners; CEO & Co-Founder of Sigma Software Group
- Eugene Malobrodsky, Managing Partner at One Way Ventures
- Cristobal Alonso, CEO of Startup Wise Guys
- Mike Butcher MBE, Editor-at-large at TechCrunch (Judge)
- Karina Lapina, Head of Scouting at Startup Wise Guys (Judge)
- Oleksandr Yatsenko, Managing Partner of BRISE Capital; Chief Business Development Officer at Finmap.online (Judge)
Secondly, the Conference will feature a Ukrainian Startup Pitching & Matchmaking Programme.
Selected Ukrainian startups will be able to pitch their businesses to the event’s international audiences during the webinar, in a session moderated by Startup Wise Guys, the biggest early-stage investor in Ukraine.
In addition, Ukrainian startups and International attendees will be able to log in to a networking & matchmaking portal hosted on Brella, where interested parties can identify each other, schedule 1-to-1 meetings for December 7th, and start building valuable partnerships.
Comments from the event’s co-hosts, Mariia Tintul and Adam Fulham:
Mariia Tintul, a Ukrainian Moderator of the event, said “As a Ukrainian, my key message for our European colleagues is to keep doing business with Ukraine and help Ukrainians thrive at tech events like this one.
Having 44 investments in Ukrainian-led startups we are proud to say that NONE closed their business, since the full-scale invasion by Russia. Our founders either already recovered, or still take the time to build up from the losses. But not a single business has been closed. It shows you resilience, and it is literally all you need to know about our drive and will to win. Invest in Ukraine!”
Adam Fulham, an Irish Moderator of the event, said “We are really excited to have Apple Co-Founder Steve Wozniak as a speaker at this event! Most people don’t know this, but Woz is ethnic Ukrainian and he visited Ukraine in 2017 as “one of his four lifelong dreams come true”.
Ukrainians have founded Startups including GitLab, Grammarly, PayPal, reface and WhatsApp, and they will make many more! Despite the war, Ukrainian startups airSlate and Unstoppable Domains achieved unicorn status in 2022.
In Europe, we recognize many stakeholders from startup communities in every country, who are eager to support Ukraine in sustainable ways. We hope the first-ever European Startup Conference can be a focal point to connect this supportive energy with Ukraine’s startup ecosystem.”
Hosts & Partners
The European Startup Conference is co-hosted by:
- Startup Network Europe
- Startup Wise Guys
- Ukrainian Tech Ecosystem
- Ukrainian PR Army
Startup Network Europe produces events for Europe’s startup ecosystems. Starting in 2019, SNE’s events include national Conferences, city-level community meetups, as well as webinars and knowledge-sharing expert sessions.
Startup Wise Guys is a mentorship-driven accelerator programme for early-stage B2B SaaS, Fintech, Cyber, Sustainability, and XR startups, providing seed capital, office space and world-class mentors. Startup Wise Guys is the biggest early-stage investor in Ukraine.
Brella is an event platform for virtual, physical, and hybrid events. The platform has highlighted capabilities that support matchmaking & networking for event attendees.
Ukrainian Tech Ecosystem is a civic union founded by key players of the Ukrainian IT market who have been making a tangible input into the creation and development of the ecosystem in Ukraine: SIGMA Software, Genesis, BRISE Capital, Ukrainian Bridge, Center42, and Home of Startups Accelerator. The Ukrainian Tech Ecosystem has been developed with the participation of the Ministry of Digital Transformation and its support with the UTE platform’s initial launch.
Ukrainian PR Army is the volunteer initiative of Ukrainian communication experts. They are sharing the truth about the war in Ukraine with the global community and building an image of a democratic and independent Ukraine.
UNIT.City is Ukraine’s first innovation park. It is the location where matchless infrastructure and all-inclusive ecosystem enable high technology, innovative and creative businesses to happen and flourish. The goal is to become the centre of innovations and a one-point entry into Ukraine for investors, partners and new technology from all over the world.
To register for free, click here: https://next.brella.io/join/eustartupconf22
For more information about the Conference, please visit: https://startupnetwork.eu/sne_events/the-european-startup-conference-2022/
For more information, please reach out to:
Adam Fulham, Founder, Startup Network Europe